Quantity Surveyor – Electrical
Quantity Surveyor – Electrical
Please apply with a cover letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Working closely with the Contracts Managers.
• Liaising with stakeholders on relevant queries and taking ownership to resolve the same.
• Issuing tender queries and compiling tender comparatives for projects and advising on any concerns or value engineering detail as appropriate.
• Preparing cost reports and cash flow forecasts as well as other duties assigned by the CM.
• Measuring work packages, generating BOQ, issuing tender documents to suppliers and sub-contractors.
• Degree qualified with at least 4 years’+ experience in Quantity Surveying with an Electrical Contractor.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
• Ambitious and committed to delivering an excellent standard of work.
• Diligent IT and presentation skills and knowledge of estimating software.
• A good communicator, including in direct dealings with Clients.
• Experience in working in a large team.
Apprentice Electricians – all grades
Our apprentices are much valued members of our workforce. They represent Cross Electrical on site. With the expert training they will receive from our experienced mentors, they will grow to represent the future of Cross Electrical.
We are currently looking for apprentices of all levels to work at our many sites nationwide.
The ideal candidate will be:
- hard working
- safety conscious
- able to work as part of a team
- problem solver with a will to learn
- hold current safe pass and manual handling training certificate
Our electricians and foremen are trusted and driven individuals who commit to all projects, seeing them carried through to the utmost standard guaranteeing the satisfaction of our clients. We are currently looking for electricians to work at our many sites nationwide.
The ideal candidate will have:
- a senior trades electrical qualification
- advanced technical ability
- a commitment to safe working practices
- an ability to build strong working relationships
- excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- excellent communication skills
- self-motivation with the ability to work on own initiative
- a proven track record of meeting deadlines
- enthusiasm and willingness to learn
- full clean driving licence
- current Safe Pass and Manual Handling training certificates
Electrical Contracts Manager
Duties and Responsibilities
As the Electrical Contracts Manager your duties and responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- working as part of the services delivery team you will be responsible for all aspects of electrical building services installation
- Procurement of materials and labour for electrical building services
- liaising with architects, electrical design consultants, main contractors and the clients
- Co-ordination of utilities companies to enable site set-up
- Electrical design co-ordinating/review of drawings
- management of site managers/supervisors
- health and safety management
- overseeing the installation of all associated electrical services
- attending and chairing electrical project progress meetings
- dealing with any client issues
- minimum of five years experience at electrical project management level
- third level qualification in electrical engineering – or strong trades background
- strong IT skills
- strong technical background in contracting
- proven track record of electrical fundamentals is essential
- strong operational skills and an attention to detail, and experience of the design build process
- good presentation and general management skills
- strong written communication abilities, and the ability to negotiate a strong commercial position for the company are also essential
Qualifications and Experience
- Experience with administrative and clerical work Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Strong communication skills
- Strong ability to multitask
- Friendly and professional demeanour
- Desire to learn and develop and become an active member of the organisation