Client: University College Cork, Tyndall National Institute
Project: Electrical Installations
Tyndall National Institute is a leading European research centre in integrated ICT hardware and systems. Specialising in both electronics and photonics, the Tyndall Institute works with industry and academia to transform research into products in the market areas of electronics, communications, energy, health, agri-food and the environment.
The overall project was the refurbishment of approximately 4500m2 of existing ground, first and second floor levels. Cross Electrical were responsible for the installation of electrical services to the seminar room, flexible use rooms, meeting rooms, offices, canteen, break-out areas, competence centres, large open plan offices, reception area and ancillary areas.
- low voltage switchgear
- low voltage cable distribution
- cable distribution systems (cable tray / ladder / trunking / dado)complete general service socket
- general and emergency lighting
- external lighting
- building lighting control
- fire alarm
- intruder alarm
- door access
- public address
- mechanical power and control system cabling
- BMS building management systems